Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I'm Going to be a Basket Case

Check this out; we have a furnished waterfront house on Apollo Beach, Fl. but are living in an unfurnished trailer in Kings Mountain, N.C. With three kids. Had to go and buy us all air mattresses. No microwave, no furniture, no plates. It does have a stove and fridge so that's good. Bought a cheap set of pans and some plastic plates so it's all good. It's just for a few days until we can go back to Florida and pick up some of our stuff. Such as our tv's.

Let me explain; my husband is a Pipe-fitter Superintendent which requires us to move a lot, Last month we were in Chester, Va. Summer vacation allowed us all to go with hubby. Yay! We've been in the construction field for 20 years. Now the kids in this trailer explains the "Basket Case."

Now let me explain the title of the blog. "One Old Mom." I am 54 years old, I have an 11 year old daughter, a 13 year old son, an 18 year old son, a 32 year old daughter and a 34 year old daughter. Whew, what a trip it has been. My oldest daughter and I were pregnant at the same time.

A friend of my 11 year old (Barbie) asked her is I was her Mom or her Grandma. Grrr.
Dang gravity.

This is my first post but I do plan on posting often.

No comments:

Post a Comment